Do the holidays have you traveling to go visit family or friends? Whether you’re hitting the road or flying to your destination, D.R. Horton has travel tips so you can stay safe and sane this holiday season.
- Keep calm Pack light and carry on: Check out this list from The Wirecutter of best carry-on luggage so you can be sure you don’t waste time in baggage check lines and your gifts and belongings make it to your final destination at the same time you do! Don’t think you can get all of your clothes into a carry on? Take a look at this New York Times article to learn a flight attendant’s secret for fitting 10 days’ worth of clothing into one carry on. You can do it!
- Be prepared: The GateGuru app will arm you with just about everything you need to know for your airline travel, including security wait times, delays and gate changes, as well as nearby amenities, restaurants and tips for the airport(s) you’ll be in.
- Be safe: In addition to ensuring your car is properly tuned up before hitting the road, it’s a good idea to have an all-in-one emergency kit, as well as snacks and water in case you hit any delays.
- Plan ahead: Utilize a road trip planning app like Roadtrippers to help determine the best places to stop for food, rest stops and sightseeing along your route. Unsure if your route is the fastest? Download Waze, the app that will deliver real-time traffic information and give you alternative routes to get there as quickly as possible.
- Be entertained: There may be nothing worse than the impending doom of a dying phone or tablet battery that was keeping you or your children entertained on the drive or flight. Avoid that potential disaster with one of these portable battery chargers that Digital Trends recommends.
Whether your holiday plans have you traveling or staying in the comfort of your own home, D.R. Horton wishes you a safe and happy holiday season.